From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: [ihc]
[mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
>John M. Adams
>Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:13 PM
>Subject: RE: [ihc] Kyoticizing the Scout

>Dr. Bill Wattenburg used to talk about this on his
KGO talk show. When
>still lived there, I used to listen to him a lot, and
on more than one
>occasion I heard him describe the amount of energy
used, and the
amount of
>pollution generated in order to create the batteries
used in hybrid
>vehicles, and new batteries in general.

I prolly shoulda actually searched for references
before speculating
their
absence. Here's a quick one:

http://www.greenspeed.us/electric_bicycle_manufacture.htm

By these #'s, I'm prolly *saving* the planet some net
pollution just by
keeping/driving(vs. not 'recycling') my IH junk,
ignoring completely
the
effect of buying a new vehicle to drive. Dang, I feel
better already ;)

Like I've always said, "Restoring *is* Recycling" :)

Jim