[ihc] More On (Moron) Pete's Choking & Hi Carb Diet

<Off-topic Rant>:
Well, I just discovered about 30GB of data I backed up (from my primary PC)
to DVD before a reformat & XP load MAY now be useless! Roxio, that wrote &
tested the data is now unable to restore it.  Ditto the CD ROMs I burned of
the really critical stuff. Arrrrrgggh!  So how's your day going? ;-)
</Off-topic Rant>

Time to go pull the carb, I need some therapy of a different sort now.

DUMB QUESTION #985: Anything I want to do to the OLD carb before I pull it
and just drop it in the vat of carb dip?  How long should I let it soak?  An
hour?  Overnight?  Yeah, I know it's pretty caustic stuff, but how long to
soak?

Do I need to study the old carb, make any notes, or anything? Count how far
any/every screw is turned in/out? I don't plan on running that without
rebuilding it. Anything that might not be in the kit that I might want to
pull off first, etc.? I've helped other people rebuild 'em from once or
twice, but my previous roles were strictly secondary (subtle carb humor for
John H.).

I'm about to open the box and check out the intstructions that came with the
kit. Probably in 1/2 point type but in six or so languages on 3 pieces of
paper. &%*#@%!

Cheers,

--Pete

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||  Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |  '77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\] More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\] http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\] http://www.pferris.com/scout