RE: [ihc] Re: Travelall and 30-06

>I suppose I agree too.  I don't know too much about the subject but
>I'd guess that the likely ancestor of the Travelall is the Dodge
>Carryall.

As painful as it is, I believe the distinction(series produced steel body
station wagon/shooting brake) needs to go to the Suburban, circa '36 IIRC.

OTOH, the '37-'40 D series IH woody wagons are arguably the finest looking
station wagons ever built by any automaker. In either case the distinction
is somewhat artificial, as virtually all station wagons of the era were
coachbuilt at subcontractors(even though GM prolly owned at least a majority
share in their subs).

Jim