RE: [ihc] About those parking brakes .....

>Tom Harais
>Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 6:07 PM
>To: ihc@domain.elided
>Subject: RE: [ihc] About those parking brakes .....

>> there's a $150 per vehicle "out of state import fee".

>That sounds like another unconstitutional limitation to me.

Spot on, Tom-O ;)

As recent members of the SLO County Farm Bureau, we have been getting the CA
Farm Bureau Federation weekly newsletter. The Federation has had great
succes in fighting illegal taxation in the form of various state/county
'fees'. What it takes is the $bux$ to put it in front of a judge with common
sense who understands the intent in 'balance of powers'.

IH content - we may have more wheeling opportunities thanks to the USFS
proposed retraction of the blanket 'no roads' policy. Wyoming and a few
other states lead the charge on this one, getting federal district court
rulings condemning the current policy as illegal/unconstitutional.

Ever vigilant, I guess ;)

Jim