[ihc] Re: Travelall and 30-06

John M. Adams wrote:
>> <Hofs wrote>
>> IH content: The old 30-06 is to the cartridge world, as the Travelall
>> was to the SUV world, whereas the 223 is kind of the Kia Sportage. Now,
>> that was a stretch, wasn't it?
>>

JMA> Well, you might have reached for it, but you nailed it, IMHO!

JMA> John A.

A bit of Devil's Advocate...

I suppose I agree too.  I don't know too much about the subject but
I'd guess that the likely ancestor of the Travelall is the Dodge
Carryall.

Likewise the 30-06 is a derivative of the Mauser 7.92x57.

So they are both not the first of their type but have become more
significant than their predecessor, atleast in the US?

Ken
03FFL

BTW, I just had some fun on Sunday shooting my Hakim, which is
chambered in...7.92x57JS.  What a fine shooting rifle, just don't get
your thumb in the wrong place during assembly/disassembly.  If you
think M1 thumb hurts, a Hakim will seem to take it off.