[ihc] Mathematical ponderings, used to be Max sustained winds to drive in?

On Sep 12, 2004, at 6:20 PM, Dan Nees wrote:

Interesting science study here. If you are in a Scout doing 50 MPH,
heading into a sustained 50 MPH wind, what would your effective speed
be, and how far would you actually go?
   Plus, factor in the air drag of a large brick, aka the shape of the
Scout, and I would imagine your effective speed is reduced even more.
Could you effectively reduce it to a negative number? What would happen
if you had a knob on the dash to increase or decrease the drag of the
Scout? What if you had a knob to reduce/increase PI? (Wait, that is
another conversation?)