Re: [ihc] Driveability (Idleability?) Issues

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, John Hofstetter wrote:

<snip>

Jim-

It sounds as though the timing might be changing, as if there is a crack in
the diaphragm that turns on and off the vacuum advance. That's my first
reaction. Try removing the vacuum advance hose from the distributor and
plugging it, and see if the problem goes away. You may get a new problem at
higher rpms (slightly less top end), but that would be my first test.

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs

If the distributor vacuum checks out OK; all other vacuum connections have been checked (and the carb is original) - I'd purchase a new carb.

You have to establish a base line.

Been there (with a worn out carb), done that, got the T-shirt and skipped the tattoo. . .

I bought a new carb.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided