Re: [ihc] old gasoline and old trucks...

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "Mac McMuffin" <mac@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 23:00
Subject: Re: [ihc] old gasoline and old trucks...

> I'd drain one of tanks, inspect the gas out of it, and if it wasn't TOO
> bad, I'd put it into one of the other tanks. Then I'd fill the empty
> tank with good gas. Maybe, I'd also add some fresh gas to the other
> tanks. Maybe a couple of cans of Heet in each tank. Then I'd start the
> truck on the good gas, and when I knew that I was going a ways, I'd
> switch to the old gas, and continue this way until the old gas was
> gone.
>
> I really hope somebody else has a better idea for you Mac.
>
> John

Mr. Hoffstetter, with all due respect... I just need some clarification...

You want me to drain 75 gallons of fuel out a tank, and put it in a 21
gallon tank?   What about the rest of the fuel that I drain?   What do I put
that fuel in anyway?  a 55 gallon drum isn't even enough.    Also remember
that the 21 gallon tank hasn't had a cap on it for a long time.

I guess I could clean up the 21 gallon tank and put fuel in that....

BTW, this 345 doesn't even have any lifter tapping at all or anything.

Basically the engine sounds really good, but has no power, torque is really
low (I still attribute this to the really old fuel).  Starts right up with a
splash of gas down the carb.

-Ryan

---