Re: [ihc] old gasoline and old trucks...

On Aug 16, 2004, at 8:39 PM, Mac McMuffin wrote:

so that's what leads to the questions. what is to be done with that old
gas? can it be reconditioned (i hope, but not holding my breath)? or does
it have to be dumped, and if so, where and how? that's a LOT of gasoline to
be dealing with. a hundred and fifty gallons isn't something to take
lightly. and expensive to replace at current fuel prices. any suggestions
or ideas are welcomed. will that Stabil stuff help? or is that only for
gas *before* it goes bad?
It only works before the fact, not after the fact.

is there something else that might help that gas
be useable again if it really is bad? what's the best way to tell what
condition the gasoline is in, anyway? if it was *YOUR* truck and you had
that much gasoline in the tanks to worry about, what would you do with it?
I'd drain one of tanks, inspect the gas out of it, and if it wasn't TOO bad, I'd put it into one of the other tanks. Then I'd fill the empty tank with good gas. Maybe, I'd also add some fresh gas to the other tanks. Maybe a couple of cans of Heet in each tank. Then I'd start the truck on the good gas, and when I knew that I was going a ways, I'd switch to the old gas, and continue this way until the old gas was gone.

I really hope somebody else has a better idea for you Mac.

John

thanks for listening.

--Mac

John Hofstetter