RE: [ihc] One more 1210 Dimension Question

## >> Okay, the trailer this truck has to go in has a door that is
## >> 87" wide but only 77" high.  The truck in question is a '73
## >> IH 1210 Crewcab 4X4 pick up.  I know no one was able to get
## >> the height for me, and I appreciate all of you that did offer
## >> help and advice.
## >>
## >> The guy is willing to winch it into his trailer, let the air
## >> down low on the tires if necessary, etc.  So, what do you guys think?
## >>
## >> For a stock 1210 4X4, will letting the air out of the tires
## >> let it get through an opening that is 77" high?
## >>
## >> Sorry-but he is on the road, has been really cooperative
## >> about this whole deal, and I would really try to give him the
## >> business, but don't want to waste his time if the truck will not fit!
## >>
## >> Thanks!
## >>
## >> Michael

okay, Mike, i dunno if this will help, but here's some info for you:

mine is a 1972 TravelAll 1110 4x4 with 1210 springs and axles, 8-lug,
wearing 16.5" wheels and 33" tires (these are Eldorado ZR4s, a very good
licensed copy of Cooper Discoverers).  i was told it's got four inches of
lift above what a stock 1110 has, but i do not know if that's accurate.  if
it is, i also do not know if the lift is all suspension or if that includes
the difference in size between the 33" tires and the 31" tires it would have
come with.  the truck has a pair of driving lights mounted on the roof, the
large 6" Daylighters from KC (total light height is 7.5 inches above the
roof).

anyway, after all that's said and done...  at the top of the driving lights
my truck is real close to 79 inches tall.  the width of the front wheels,
including sidewall bulge on those 33" tires, is about 81 inches.

hopefully this comes in time to be useful for you.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.