Re: [ihc] Proper Replying Format Help Needed

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Jay W. George wrote:

I have noticed that when digesters reply to another message in the digest
that it is son neat and tidy.
Ex: Where the reply includes the original message in a nice format.
Is there a trick to this?
I always cut-n-paste the original message and it looks like poopy.
What's the secret?
<snip>

Jay:

I am not a MicroSoft basher (I use MicroSoft software a lot as my office is a Win 2000 shop). Besides, as others on this list have heard me comment before, "all computer operating systems suck!"

Your problem may be you're using Microsoft Outlook Express as your email reader.

[excerpt from "Jay W. George" <jwgeorge@domain.elided> email header]

Sometimes the "no bells, no whistles" low end M$ applications allow you to read and write some, but not edit as you would like. They gotta do something to get you to spend more money to upgrade their products.

Perhaps an upgrade to Windows Outlook (or another email reader) may be in order.

If you're not constrained by having to use a MicroSoft email reader, there are some good freeware readers out there, like Eudora. Others in the IHC mailist may have other freeware email reader suggestions.

The main rule in mailists, like ihc, is to "<snip>" excess verbage.

Even Ryan does it.

And mac is the only one who gets away with a 22 line signature.

Hope this helps.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided