Re: [ihc] Proper Replying Format Help Needed

On Aug 9, 2004, at 12:20 AM, Jay W. George wrote:

What's the secret?
Thanks,
Jay
Jay,

Most e-mail programs let you select (wipe over) the part of the message that you want to keep, and then when you hit reply or reply all, that selected part is the only thing that shows up in your response message. Typically, the e-mail program will set the cursor either ahead of the transferred message, or after it, depending on what you chose in the programs preferences.

In this response to your question, I selected the three lines, hit reply all, and chose to move the cursor manually down to below your message, rather than at the beginning where the default put it.

Sometimes folks on this digest are pretty sloppy about not editing messages to which they are replying. This used to evoke more negative comments than it does now, we digesters must be getting to old, or too mellow, to complain about it nowadays.

Not having a genuine subject, and not editing copied posts are two things considered to be discourteous by most all list users.

Hope this helps.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline