Re: [ihc] RE: Trailering

Jeff,

I doubt there's any rebate for anything under 8800 lbs
GVW.  Ask your tax man the salesman will say anthing
that pops into his head.

I happily pull 8000 lbs at 70mph with my F-250 HD
diesel pickup.  It really is a pleasant ride, 18
wheeler's and all.  Sea level to 11,000 ft.  But, my
truck weighs 7000 lbs with a load of fuel and just my
dead ^$#$%% in the driver's seat, nothing in the back.
 It has turbo diesel, 155 inch wheel base, heavy
springs (700 lbs tongue weight drops the bumper just 2
inches), manual tranny, heavy anti-sway bar, real,
stiff, truck tires.  It's great, anyone could drive
it, same for Dodge or Chevy equivalent.

Pulling a trailer with a Scout on it shouldn't be
attempted by a vehicle from VW.  Can you find anyone
with years of experience doing that?  This mfr
basically has no experience in this field.  You
probably don't want to be the first.  Besides, for the
price of a Touareg you can make a real dent in a
diesel pickup.  Have you looked inside the latest
diesel pickups?  These ain't your uncles farm trucks
any more.

Steve

--- "Jeff Randolph @ Bigscout79"