RE: [ihc] RE: Trailering & taxes

>Jeff,

>I doubt there's any rebate for anything under 8800 lbs
>GVW.  Ask your tax man the salesman will say anthing
>that pops into his head.

You're not kidding. In this case the cutoff for section 179 of the tax code
is 6000# GVW. It's not a 'rebate'. If the vehicle is bought new and used
principally(some will say exclusively)for your business, you write the
entire cost off either in the current year or over the standard 5 year
amortization.

You *do* want a pro's help with this one unless you're a tax expert!

Jeff, you don't have to believe the salesman. Federal law requires that the
GVW be listed on the vehicle. Look for a label in the door jamb.

Too bad there aren't any diesel Expeditions yet, that would be perfect. Can
you wait a few years? :

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:BHk3DyrhYfMJ:www.autoweek.com/cat_conte
nt.mv%3Fport_code%3Dautoweek%26cat_code%3Dcarnews%26content_code%3D06944069+
ford+v-6+diesel&hl=en

Hard to believe that Ferd would jump ships and swallow the development costs
of the ITEC V-6. Some speculate that Furd has their panties in a bunch over
the 6.0 software problems. I thought those were *Ford's* problems, not
ITEC's. Maybe ITEC told them 'you screwed it up, so pound sand' (?).

'Course Ford(along with Peugeot) already has a twin-turbo V-6 oiler in
British production. Reports are that Dagenham is tooled for 150k
engines/year. Prolly only covers Jag/Landy/Euro Ford/PSA group needs. Some
of the technology is pretty trick:

http://www.sintercast.com/default.asp?firstlevelid=200435133835739

The blocks are cast in Brazil and assembled in England. Talk about a 'world
engine'.

BTW, did you know that prolly most of the light trucks IH ever produced are
technically illegal to drive on a lot of streets? :

http://slate.msn.com/id/2104755/

Bwahahahaha!

Jim