[ihc] Trailering weight..

Gents,
I'm looking into new vehicles and I'm interested in getting something that is
able to pull the scout on a suitably sized braked trailer.
I'm curious what you suggest the laden weight of a trailer (likely dual axle
with surge brakes or electric - not sure necessarily which would be the most
appropriate braking), with the soft-topped scout on it would be.  I'm thinking
around 6k, but any guesses, knowledge are welcomed.

Also, if a vehicle is capable of towing 7k, that probably doesn't mean you
want to tow 7k with it often right? Whats the magic percentage of where its
usually comfortable? 50%, 60% ?

Oddly enough right now I'm very interested in the Touareg's They tow something
like 7700 and are built like tanks. Any knowledge good or bad is more than
welcomed here too - I wish I could swing the v10, but the v8 is the likely
route.

Thanks,
Jeff

---