Re: [ihc] Re: Scout Radiators

Steven Stegmann wrote:
But, frame twisting is still a problem.  I plan to do
this tilt up.  But my radiator won't be bolted, it
will be softly clamped between these two uprights,
like a modern radiator is.  This will stop the problem
permanently.  You could probably do this in a std body
but would take some engineering.
On my race Scout, I "squeeze" the bottom of the radiator against the frame with a bushing between 'em.

I then run some 3/4 x.120 flat from the old inner fender mounts on the firewall up to the top sides of the radiator.

The 3/4 flat will wobble/wave a bit, but not much. It lets the top of the radiator "float" a bit, while still keeping it pretty much where I want it.

I haven't ripped a radiator apart yet.. I've killed a few from debris, of course. :D

-Tom