[ihc] RE: Jay's oil burning desire

>Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:27:25 -0700
>From: "Jay W. George" <jwgeorge@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Goofy Diesel Questions

>When my internet research fails, I resort to the huge knowledge pool here
on
>the digest. I have a couple of goofy diesel engine conversion questions
(no,
>I didn't get hit in the head). First, Does anybody have any experience with
>or knowledge of installing a 6.9/7.3 IH/Ford diesel engine into a Scout II
?
>Does it have the same bellhousing or is it completely different?

Different. It has been done. IDR the fellow's name, but he's one of the
Binder Bunch in CO. Rumour has it the truck's now retired.

>Second, Has anyone ever had any experience with or knowledge of any other
>diesel engine conversion into a Scout II ?

Sure, IH 'converted' lots of them to the Nissan SD33/SD33T ;). You could do
the same, and all the bits are still available. Cummins 4 and 6cyl
conversions have been done, so has a Detroit 6.2(by a Digester, no less).
Check out Diesel Talk on the Binder Bulletin.

>I have one more dumb question that I know the answer to, but just can't
>remember. Why won't a J*** Dana 300 fit into a Scout II?
>Any help on these silly questions would be greatly appreciated.

Wrong bolt pattern. An AMC-spec 727 can be used as a parts donor to convert
an IH-spec 727 to accept the Heep-spec D300.

Jim