[ihc] RE: Larry's posterior locator

>Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:33:22 -0500
>From: Larry Ruebush <lrt@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Seat for wide cabs

>I am looking to replace  my bench seat in my '72 1200. Anyone have a good
idea
>of a bench seat or buckets that fit good? Getting tired of sitting on the
>floor or close to it.

Larry, you may find that the best route is to have your current bench
reupholstered. You'd be amazed how comfortable the stock seat is with a good
rebuild using modern foam. I'd ask for the stiffest foam, and have them add
about an inch of foam height unless you'd have steering wheel clearance
issues.

You can adapt buckets from just about anything if you've a mind to, just
look for seats that mount flat to the floor. I have a couple of Volvo seats
that fit the bill. You would still need to get them up in the air some more,
either by mounting them to the stock IH bucket bases or something else.

There are quite a few aftermarket bench or bucket combos, the JCW truck
flyer I just got has some new ones from Smitty even. Problem is most of them
are pushing $1 large....

Jim