Re: [ihc] Oh, yeah-another brake question!

Has anyone also told you the earth is flat or that you have just won the
Euro-Arican Lottery?     :-)

From the 7/19/76 price list for the 1977 Scout Models

	Scout II XLC Traveltop, Scout Terra, Scout Traveler--Diesel Engine
		Standard Equipment:
	Brakes:	Power Brakes 11.75x1.18 front disc--11x2 1/4 rear drum

The additional vacuum boosting apparatus was an alternator with a vacuum
pump built into it to provide the vacuum needed for the booster.  The
"difference" in the diesel vacuum would be that it is non-existant..

I don't know of an alternative to using the alternator although I suppose
you could mount a separate vacuum pump, but that would seem to require a
lot of fabricating after you locate one.  I do seem to recall reading
here that folks have used manual brakes on disc brake conversions on
800's with satisfactory results, but I am not familiar with what parts
they used in the conversion.

Howard