Re: [ihc] RE: Relaying George's power

On Jul 23, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Jim Grammer wrote:

OTOH, the hot side of the remote solenoid is as good as it gets for voltage,
excepting straight to the battery. I would recommend going straight to the
battery, but MAD says that's a no-no ;)
Yes, that's a nice extra benefit of doing the Ford solenoid conversion. Gives you a really handy place to pick up power for whatever.

I use that terminal for always-on power, and I have made a junction "block" at the + side of the coil for ignition-on power.

The advantage I have over George, as I understand his situation, is that with my MSD ignition the only coil voltage I have comes through the ballast resistor. The MSD doesn't care if the voltage is reduced or not.

Clarifying, I intercept the wire to the + side of the coil, have a junction block there, and then one of the leads from that junction goes through the ballast resistor and into the coil.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs