RE: [ihc] RE: Relaying George's power

Commoning the inputs at the Bosch relay as described will result in 12V
flowing to the starter solenoid as soon as the ignition is switched on.
Likely not enough current available to spin the starter, but prolly not good
practice. Series diode?

OTOH, the hot side of the remote solenoid is as good as it gets for voltage,
excepting straight to the battery. I would recommend going straight to the
battery, but MAD says that's a no-no ;)

The voltage drop during cranking is what it is, and mostly dependant on the
battery. Mayhaps George needs one of them there Sun VAT40's wired up so that
he can see just what the conditions are during cranking. I played with those
testers for about a year working for Sears Automotive in college. Great
tools, wish I had one now. Beats the poop out of the 'electronic' testers
common these days. With a halfway intelligent tech at the controls, you
could give a charging system a good workout in about 10 minutes. I sold a
*lot* of batteries and charging system bits. It's no wonder the sales guys
were nice to us!

Jim