RE: Reply: [ihc] Rust intervention

Just checking... My own noodles are pretty slippery, so constant vigilance
is required on my part (and those around me).

>   I meant Ferrous ferric oxide which is magnetite. The Ferrous ferric
> oxide is something like Fe+++2Fe++O4 which is quite different than FeO.
>
> Sorry, and thanks for catching it.

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation, John. Do you (or does the digest)
have a preferred FAQ on rust treatment? I found a pretty good one on
electrolysis (see http://antique-engines.com/electrol.asp - there's some IH
content if you poke around), but the various chemical treatments are still a
puzzle. The more I read of the various product info, the more confused I
get. Anyone have a good, general dissertation on the materials and processes
involved, one not vendor/product specific? Thanks, ~John A.