Re: [ihc] RE: Relaying George's power

John and Jim,
	I think I am understanding this. First of all, yes, I do have a Ford
solenoid.

	The Bosch relay has two trigger inputs? One triggers during cranking and
one triggers during run? The run trigger will also prime the fuel pump
before cranking, correct?

	Something I don't understand. Aren't both sides of the Ford solenoid, in
a sense, hot? It Just takes the ignition switch to complete the circuit.
If I attach a trigger wire to the side that runs to the Delco solenoid,
it completes a circuit; Battery- solenoid- relay-ground. Wouldn't this be
the same as connecting the trigger wire to the battery?

	I also wonder about the resistance wire. If it is only used during
running, why didn't the fuel pump prime when I tried to use the coil as a
trigger? I got nothing in run or crank.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

> > One way would be to tap off the hot side of your remote mount
> starter
> > solenoid(assuming you've added one) to power a generic Bosch type
> > relay.
> > Used an ignition switched lead to the relay coil, and connect the
> EFI
> > solenoid to the relay output.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Jim,
>
> If George has the remote solenoid (Ford type) then he could:
>
> Mount his Bosch relay that will feed the red lead from the ECU
> Actually, he must already have this mounted.
>
> Run a wire from the side of the Ford solenoid that has the wire
> going
> down to the Delco solenoid, to the trigger terminal on the Bosch
> relay.
> This wire will activate the relay while starting. Run a wire from
> any
> on-while-running source to the Bosch trigger terminal. #86
>
> Run a #12 wire from the hot side of the Ford solenoid to the Bosch
> relay #30.
>
> Connect the red wire from the ECU to the Bosch relay. #87. Make sure
>
> the relay has a good ground. #85
>
> CHECK ME  OUT, WILL THIS WORK? I think so.
>
> So, while starting the Bosch gets its trigger from the Ford solenoid
>
> which has full battery power. While running, the Bosch gets its
> trigger
> through a regular while-running source. He already had this source
> because his Pro-jection is OK except when starting.
>
> George had tied the blame for his problem to the resistance wire
> coming
> to the coil,  but that wire is only in use during regular running.
>
> RIGHT ? Please tell me I'm right because I'm still numb from my
> Ferrous
> Ferric Oxide boo boo.
>
> Allan, I very much appreciated you taking the time to respond. I
> hope
> this procedure does pretty much what you suggested. Like George, I
> didn't quite understand all you said, but I had no doubt that you
> did.
> Thanks.
>
> John
>
> John Hofstetter