Re: [ihc] High Amp Alternator

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, George B Humphrey wrote:

	What are the advantages and disadvantages of switching to a higher amp
alternator? What, if anything, would I have to do to the Scout if a
changed to a higher amp alternator? What are the advantages of a one wire
alternator? I've got lots of electrical goodies running at certain times
and am thinking about changing.

If you upgrade above 65 amps, you'll need to remove the ammeter and the factory 10 gauge wire in-dash charging circuit, from the charging circuit.

Create a more robust charging path from alternator to battery, which doesn't run thru the in-dash wiring harness.

Replace the ammeter with a volt meter.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided