[ihc] Corvette Master Cylinder - which size bore?

My rear brake problems have PROBABLY been resolved, but let me check with you guys on a detail. I've got rear disks with a TSM kit, and the culprit probably was the residual valve in the master cylinder. That has now been swapped out for a Corvette one.

When I called TSM yesterday (and before I got Jim's message) they said that either the 1" or 1 1/8" bore would work, but the 1" bore would be better for my application (mail delivery in a Scout II). So, when my mechanic ordered the parts (I won't do that kind of brake work myself. Period. I'm a bozo-level mechanic at best, and in my line of work you can't play games with brakes.) I said that either would work, but TSM recommended the 1" bore. I know they got it and it bolted up to the booster and it's all good right now, but I don't know which one they got.

Jim Grammer says to "...make sure it has a 1 1/8" bore." Why? And what problems might I expect if I do have the 1" bore? The thing cost all of $35, so replacing it won't kill me financially, but I'd rather not spend the money if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.