RE: [ihc] High Amp Alternator

I put a 200 Amp alt from a scholl bus in my 71. I ran a 8 gauge wire
directly from the back of the alt to the battery. This bypasses some of
the current that would otherwise be drawn through the AMP meter. The amp
gauge will pretty much read backwards, depending on how much you draw
from the alt directly and how much is drawn through the gauge.
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 15:11, spamaddy@domain.elided wrote:
> The advantage of the higher amp alternator is obvious (more juice for all
> the fun stuff!).  The disadvantage is that the stock wiring is only rated
> for around 60 amps, I believe.  Definitely the Ammeter would have to be
> removed from the circuit or replaced with something that could handle
> additional amps.  Some wiring may have to be replaced also, but I'm sure
> some experienced binder operators could speak more intelligently about that.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided