[ihc] (IHC)Gone Postal

This Gone Postal project really hits home with me and my 800/80 projects.

I have a SII frame only, 3 spd, D20,  with D44s,
a Scout 800 (rusted) complete with a running 152, 3 spd, D18, and stock
axles,
and a 2wd (4 lug axles) Scout 80 (low rust) complete, swapped in running 196,
no trans.

Im building a 4wd 800 and a 2wd S80 using the parts I have gathered. Some
parts may not
be the ideal for the job, 196 with a 3 spd for example, but they will work.

For the 4wd project,
800 body on the SII frame, 196, SII 3 spd, D20, D44s, stock SUA springs.
Some fender trimming to run 31s or 32s, body is rusted anyway.
Then Rhino Line entire truck body inside and out. May be driven
by teenager, SOA/big tires too tall for inexperienced driver, and
hard on the little 196.

For the 2wd project,
S80 body on original frame, 152 (need 2wd trans), (need SII D44 rear axle),
Or really any comparable width 5 x 5.5 rear axle (same bolt pattern)
SII 2wd disc front axle, lowered, possible chopped travel top/windshield.
255/70/15 rear, 195/75/15 front, US Slot mags. May also be
driven by a teenager, low power is not a drawback here.
Looks is the key, not performance.

Leftover parts,
800 4 cyl frame, front and rear axles D27/D44, 800 3 spd/D18
S80 2wd front axle, rear axle D27?, both 4 lug, 4 stock rims.

Interesting note, the S80 2wd front axle is an I beam axle, not a
tube axle as done in the Scout II.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
A FEW Scout 80/800's and some parts