Re: [ihc] 152/196 Flywheels & Harmonic Balancers

Greg & all, thanks for taking time, I do appreciate...

I took a closer look at my "SV" 304 in 1961 1200C. It looks like it has a
weight on harmonic balancer that goes about 1/2 way around circumference.

I have two or three extra IHC flywheels I bought from somebody who was
getting out of his Scout stuff all together. He was not sure about what engine these
flywheels came from and neither am I.

Is there any difference between 152 and 196 flywheels?

What is the difference between SV flywheels and 4 cyl?

Are all SV flywheels the same?

Just for grins, here's my Scout status: I'm pulling engine in RHD 800
tomorrow and replacing with NOS 1979, 196. My old 196 engine is ready to come out,
has sloppy wrist pin. Engine hoist in position waiting for the moring sun. I'll
be using proper 80/800 oil pan, pump and intake, along with 800 dip stick. I
cant wait to have a Scout again!

Jeff G.