Re: [ihc] IH funny car

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:31:34 -0600 Mac McMuffin <mac@domain.elided> wrote:
> that's interesting, Richard.  not how they used to run things out where we
> were doing our racing
>...when we went out, they always staged cars in the same
> bracket.  could be because of the number of racers who turned up, though,
>...  i've never actually seen two
> cars not in the same bracket staged together.  sounds kind of interesting to
> see.

it may not be the norm. i learned about bracket racing from some fellow
autocrossers who decided to try a straight-line motorsport for a change.
autocross cars are set up with different goals, and so they were in general
a lot slower than the drag racing crowd, so the mix of brackets may have
been a necessity born out of the unusual mix. at least one of the drivers
was in a stock 4 cylinder Porsche 914, and we all know how slow those
are (phenomenal handling, _no_ power. at all).

and there's no ihc content here, so i'll stop now.

richard