RE: [ihc] 0ga crimper pictures

## >> Yeah, Mac. You've clearly got to control the placement of the
## >> "very large"
## >> parts. The "medium large", "large" and "regular" parts are
## >> one thing, but
## >> really... what were you thinking, scattering "very large"
## >> parts all over?
## >> I'm surprised you weren't subjected to some disciplinary
## >> action after such
## >> an unseemly breech of... uh... well, breech of *something*, I'm sure!

breach of the post CSM's patience and sense of humour, to be fair about it.
<Grin>  he's actually a very nice fellow, and he was very polite about it.
the gist of the conversation was basically "if i see one more of these
things around *MY* housing..." and i won't repeat the remainder of the
statement.  mostly it involved bodily harm and boots going places they
should never be.

you'd think he'd be used to that sort of thing by now.  i mean really.  the
parts from HEMTTs and five-ton trucks are much much bigger than the parts
from my TravelAll.  especially those HEMTT brake parts.  and wheels.  HEMTT
tires stand taller at the upper sidewall than the hood of my TravelAll, and
it's a 4x4 1110 with 1210 suspension/axles and 33" tires.  the guys at the
motorpool leave those things lying all over the place during the week.
's'not fair that i can't do the same with *my* parts.  's'not fair at all!

the greater portion of disciplinary action was actually taken against my
lovely Bride.  she got written up 'cause of what i was doing.  which sucks.
it says in the housing manual that we can work on our brakes and other minor
maintenance tasks (oil change, tire change, tune-ups) in our driveway or
carport.  the post CSM seems to think this doesn't apply to vehicles as
large as a TravelAll.  so they gave us a written "warning", saying get this
cleaned up and don't do it again...  but my brake shoes hadn't come in yet
so i couldn't put it back together.  i stacked up the drums and other parts
as neatly as possible and cleaned everything up nice, but since the truck
was still sitting on jacks with all four hubs and drums off when the CSM
came around the next day...  well, it wasn't good enough.  he went down to
the barracks and yelled at her Battery Commander, who yelled at the Battery
First Sergeant, who yelled at her Platoon Sergeant, who yelled at her...
and *then* the Platoon Sergeant came over to the house and yelled at *me*
for a while.  and naturally, when she got home, my lovely Soldier-girl
*also* yelled at me for a while.  we both got yelled at a lot that day.  it
sucked.  you can bet i won't be doing it again.  mostly to keep *her* from
yelling at me.  +)

## >> I have a project for you: get all of the IH CTS and MT
## >> manuals you can lay
## >> your hands on, and start scanning them into your system. I guess you
## >> couldn't post them on your website due to copyright issues,
## >> but you would
## >> have a great resource for your own personal use when it was
## >> all scanned,
## >> organized, catalogued, etc. Big project, but an IH related
## >> one at least.

funny you should mention this...  quite a long time ago, a couple years ago
now i think it's been...  this very thing came up on this very Digest.
there was some discussion of finding a way to transcribe the various manuals
and books to digital medium.  i even offered to do most of the work free of
charge and turn the finished product over to its rightful owner if people
would allow me to borrow the materials long enough to transcribe them.
after all the discussion and everything, it was decided that this would not
be a good idea for various legal reasons, if i remember right.  lots of
folks are interested in having something like this, but...  it doesn't look
like it's going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

a good idea, though.  set up with scans of all the diagrams and pictures,
cross-referenced and the whole thing done in HTML or ASP or some other
similar dynamic format.  and with all the time and equipment at my
disposal--computers, scanners, removeable-media writers, software--not an
impossible task to compleat, though working by myself it would probably take
quite a while to do.  could even make it available in choice of media, too.
CD-R, CD-R/W, DVD-R, DVD-R/W, DVD+R, DVD+R/W...  i don't have a dual-layer
DVD writer yet, but i think next year that's on the to-get list.  only
thirty dollars more right now than my current single-layer DVD-writer
(Pioneer DVR-A07U) cost back in January, too.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.