From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
David Raistrick
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 6:58 PM
To: ihc@domain.elided; oldihc@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] Wheels of the Diamond kind

Got'm.  5 tubeless wheels, 4.25" backspace on a 6" wide wheel.  They
couldn't weld the flat center any further out in the wheel then that.

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/diamondwheels

Got'm powdercoated white.  $185 each plus shipping, around $16 each UPS.

Popped two on the truck.  No rubber, I ordered that today.  They
estimated
two weeks to build, but it only took a week.

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/diamondwheels/20040609_194353

Pretty good, but I do have a few complaints about the finish.  The area
where the wheels were held during the finishing process is not
powedrcoated.  Bare spots that I didn't manage to get good pictures of
yet:

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/diamondwheels/20040609_194439

One on the inside and outside edge of each wheel...two of these bare
metal
spots per wheel.

Also, there is a lot of..debris..under the powdercoat.  Either blasting
media that wasn't cleaned away, or weld splatter.  Haven't even tried to
get pictures of that.  A few voids in the finish around the bits of
whatever, as well.  Small, but annoying for $185 bucks!

All in all, I'm satisfied though...as long as they'll carry my the load.
:)  They put the 45 degree taper on the lug seats, as requested, and my
nuts fit fine.

If I'm lucky my 235/85QR16 Kumho Venture AT KL-41's will be here friday
and can be installed Saturday...

Still working on the bloody title bits though. Sigh.  Damn PPPOs.

...david

--
        David Raistrick
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html