Re: [ihc] When you 'SHUT' things TOO hard

Wynne John M NPRI wrote:
sits about 1/2 inch too far into the door jam.  The door will not
open by the outside handle or inside handle.  Yanking and pulling
only seems to rock the entire vehicle, and there is absolutely no
indication that the door will open or even move the smallest amount.
There is a definite tension on the handle levers, so I know the
linkage is still intact.
If there's still tension on the door release hardware, I'd lean towards the door being "pinched" by the body, too.

Mine do this from time to time. Most especially when fourwheeling and I get out of the Scout and walk ahead, and THEN my wife decides she wants out.. guaranteed the passenger door is pinched under those circumstances.

Sometimes yanking on the outer door handle works, other times I have to crawl over to the passenger seat, have someone else hold the door latch for me, while I proceed to use my shoulder like a battering ram.

No, there's not a lot of finesse involved in my Scouts...

-Tom