RE: [ihc] 800 door parts needed

Mac,

I've never met an 80 or 800 that the pins would come out on.  I know
they are supposed to. I've also never seen one with wingnuts.  Not
saying what you have isn't factory, just that I've never seen it.
Everything I've looked at close enough to know anything about had pins
that were slit longways, but not the whole length, and the slit had a
twist to it.    Kind of like the old style clothespins, the one without
springs, but the slit doesn't go all the way to the tip and has a twist
to it and you can't see daylight through it. I give up, I don't even
have the words to explain it. In any case, I've only ever gotten one pin
to come out and that was on a hinge that was broken so I had some room
to work and I wanted it out so I could see it in person.  I had seen
pictures with this twisted slit in them. It took lots of heat and
penetrating oil and time and the pin was trashed by the time I got done.
You could only twist one way, because if you twisted the other way, the
edges of the slit would dig in or the slit would open up and the pin
wouldn't turn. My memory is a little fuzzy about the details, maybe the
slit is just a groove that doesn't go all the way through. I wish I
could get my pins out.  I could probably get them out but would ruin
them in the process and don't know what the heck I would replace them
with. It would need to be hard and I don't believe it is a standard bolt
size.

 Taking the hinges of works fine for me.

Ed