Re: [ihc] Scout II 196 Instalation in Scout 800

> Also, on the later 4 cly just behind fuel pump, there is what appears to
be a
> plug installed where the 80/800 style dip stick tube would go. Can I knock
> that plug out with a drift, or is it not a plug, but part of casting?
>
> I'm planning on using Scout 800 Intake Manifold.
>

>>It's a plug.  Get it out and you can use the 800 dipstick.

Great, Thanks for confirmation!

>>Does the scout have a 196 in it  now?  If it does you already have all the
parts you need to account for the different tilt of the 196 in an 800 vs the
scout II and should be good to go.

I think I have everthing I need.

> I will be using a T-18 and Model 20 Trafercase. Since this Scout is RHD, I
> had to make a custom Hyd Clutch system, since I don't know of any RHD 800
Clutch

>>You mean you don't have one to look at replace with right?  Not that you
havn't heard of them?

No. I did the Hydraulic Clutch Conversion in 1990. Used it for several years
with good results. I plan on using the same set up. I mounted the Scout 80
Slave of of the 152/195 block, close to where the fuel pump is. I drilled &
tapped holes in the flat boss on the block and used studs to fasten a plate that
holds the 80 Style Slave Cyl.

On the RHD Clutch, I never heard or seen a Scout 800 with Hyd Clutch that is
Stock. I never seen a RHD Stick Postal Scout. All the RHD 800s I've seen had a
Borg Warner Automatic.

> systems. My RHD Hyd conversion served me well for years, but I'm curious
if
> sombody is using a Concentric Slave Cyl in an IH Vehical. I'm thinking a
> Concentric Slave would be a way sanitary set up.
>
> Jeff Gruwell
>

>>I have no clue what you're talking about.

Ether did I a few years ago. I never heard of it till I looked into
retrofitting later overdrive manual trannies in older muscle cars.

I converted my 1970 Car from automatic to modern 5 Speed. To eliminate the
complexity and inefficiency of stock clutch linkage, I used a McLeod Concentric
Slave. The Concentric Slave is basically a Throughout bearing Siameesed to a
Donought Piston that slips over input shaft. In does not have a pivot/fulcrum,
just expands to push t/o bearing for clutch disengament.

Jeff G.