Re: [ihc] Scout II 196 Instalation in Scout 800

----- Original Message -----
From: <JefGruwell@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 12:30
Subject: [ihc] Scout II 196 Instalation in Scout 800

> Very soon, I will be installing 1979 196E in RHD 1967 800.
>
> I plan on using manifold vacuum for wiper motors, in conjunction with
vacuum
> canister. I won't bo using the 800 style fuel pump.
>
> Is the oil pumps on 4 cyl 800 the same as Scout II. I'm thinking they are,
> but I will have to change the pick up and the pan for 800 application.
>
> Also, on the later 4 cly just behind fuel pump, there is what appears to
be a
> plug installed where the 80/800 style dip stick tube would go. Can I knock
> that plug out with a drift, or is it not a plug, but part of casting?
>
> I'm planning on using Scout 800 Intake Manifold.

It's a plug.  Get it out and you can use the 800 dipstick.

Does the scout have a 196 in it  now?  If it does you already have all the
parts you need to account for the different tilt of the 196 in an 800 vs the
scout II and should be good to go.

> I will be using a T-18 and Model 20 Trafercase. Since this Scout is RHD, I
> had to make a custom Hyd Clutch system, since I don't know of any RHD 800
Clutch
You mean you don't have one to look at replace with right?  Not that you
havn't heard of them?

> systems. My RHD Hyd conversion served me well for years, but I'm curious
if
> sombody is using a Concentric Slave Cyl in an IH Vehical. I'm thinking a
> Concentric Slave would be a way sanitary set up.
>
> Jeff Gruwell

I have no clue what you're talking about.

-Ryan

---