Re: [ihc] Alt question

Michael,

You can get repair kits for alternators, but probably
isn't worth it.  If the voltage is bouncing around and
goes high, you need to do two things.
1- Make sure the battery is in decent shape
2- Replace the alternator (I'd pay for a AC Delco
Rebuild based upon starter experience)  I've also
switched to a one-wire which has been good.
3- A distant third thing in most vehicles would be to
check the wiring for faults.  But in something as old
as a Scout this cannot be discounted out of hand.

Steve
--- "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>