Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:42:19 -0600
From: "ken.dunnington" <ken.dunnington@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Engine stand recommendations

The engine stand I have is capable, out of the box, of getting four
arms mounted up to the back side of an SV.
Unconventional placement of the arms, but it did bolt up.
I have Harbor Freight's 2 ton capacity model.  I would'nt
dream of putting 2000 lbs on it but 1000 lb should be OK.  SV is ~750
lb?  It handled the 345, but with the heads on I could not rotate the
engine alone.  A stand with a crank handle to rotate the engine
would be VERY nice.

I've used the cheap three-legger and they make me nervous.  Don't waste
your money on one of those.  The model I have should be considered the
minimum for holding an SV.

Ken