RE: [ihc] RE:

Willy,

My son (6) reads at a level waaaay beyond his years.  In fact I believe
he has surpassed the grade level that they say is the average level for
graduating seniors. It used to be 7th grade level anyway, I assume it
hasn't gone up in the last few years.  He was reading a Childcraft book
from 1973 last night. We take any books we can get our hands on because
his appetite is insatiable. The volume he has was "A Parent's Guide"
Getting ready for the baby, ya know.  He was reading about preschool
boys imitating their fathers and I had to laugh.  He thought I was
laughing at him so he stopped reading and looked at me in disdain.  I
could see the gears turning in his head.  Pretty soon he realized whet
he had just read aloud and how ironic and true it was and started
laughing.  He was just reading about some other kids until he had to
pause.  It is funny just how little has changed since '73.

The rotten<g> little girl(4) on the other hand is every bit as sharp but
sees no reason to learn how to read.  She has found that she can get
just about anything done for her with a smile.  If that doesn't work,
she offers a kiss on the cheek. We are in for a test as she gets older.

Both are excellent help in the shop. It is amazing the heavy stuff they
will drag to me if I ask them too.  The teamwork is unbelievable when
needed.  I had just better use the tool they brought me or I am in
trouble.  The best is when they are holding an unneeded trouble light
and I can't see what I am doing because their heads are in the way.

I wouldn't trade either one of them for any amount of money.  I'm a
little worried about the third, how can we improve on perfection?

My kids are the best, just ask me.  I'll tell you all about it.

Ed