[ihc] Re: Ed's Hoist

Ed Sohm wrote:

To do it right, it would have to rotate so I could load motors and such
into the back of the pickup.  You could use an old spindle and hub to do
Instead of a "project" I was thinking of simply BUYING one. The traveling Chinese Tool Gypsies have something that'll work for a good deal under $100. For that price, I'll buy one.. and the "project" will involve selecting which truck to install it in, where in that truck, and then drilling the ~4 mounting holes and installing a couple of bolts.

The whole setup swivels, lifts, extends, and collapses for storage.

I don't try to talk myself out of jobs, just try to not have a lot of
wasted motion, like borrowing the torch multiple times.  Sometimes it
ends up as no motion. <g>  Don't laugh though, My 'ette is 4wd <vbg>.
<VBG> There's a reason why I still don't have my truck 4x4.. I'm running into enough "while I'm in there"'s just changing from the 4spd to the 5spd.

I have a new speedo cable that I won't be installing, since my "must-do" list still isn't done, and my "must be done by" date is almost here.. the "would like to be done by" date has already long passed.

I bought a pair of quarter panels for my trail Scout from Scott Satterlund several years ago.. they're still in my shed. To fix the quarters, I need to fix the inner quarter, and I need to fix the end-cap/tailgate mount, and the Scout needs new body mounts, too.. and to even start on that would mean I'd have to clean out the Scout.. and then when I'm done, it'd need paint, and...

...and so the quarters remain in the shed, the body smacks the frame while wheelin', I can't open the tailgate, I can't close my doors.. but I can go wheelin'. :D