From: Tom Mandera [mailto:tsm1@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 10:04 AM
To: Ed Sohm
Cc: 'Mac McMuffin'; 'Ryan Moore'; 'John Adams'; ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Ed's Hoist

Ed Sohm wrote:

> the tools never got picked up and there may still be a motor hanging
> from the cherry picker.  Of course it is still on there because the
> 'picker doesn't roll very well because of a bad wheel from an earlier
> mishap.  I can't put the motor on a stand because I keep forgetting to
> get longer bolts and I can't set it on a pallet because I've never

Y'know, one of the things filtering it's way to the top of my "list" is
the acquisition of a pickup-bed mounted "crane"/hoist.

I find my cherry picker rolls quite poorly in the dirt (and usually
requires a Scout II to help motivate it under such conditions).

I find my pickup gets around alright on rough terrain.

Solution: install a hoist in the pickup. :D

Might have to buy a flatbed IH 3/4T 4x4 just to mount the hoist to.
Sounds like a good enough excuse to buy another rig to me...

-Tom