RE: [ihc] Warn Overdrive

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
> Steven Stegmann
> Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:00 AM
> To: John M. Adams; ihc@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: [ihc] Warn Overdrive

Steve, yes, he says in his listing, "1963 SCOUT 80 Transmission,
Transfercase and overdrive unit." But he doesn't say *which* tranny, or t/c,
etc. I was just wondering how the O/D unit worked, and what it would work
with. I was thinking that if IH only used one such model in its early
Scouts, then perhaps someone here would be familiar with it. If it would
mate up with my T-14 (T-90) and Dana 20, I'm thinking I could talk him into
disassembly and partial sale. Thanks, ~John A.

> John,
>
> I don't know anything about this but it sure doesn't
> look like an overdrive unit.  Looks more like a
> combination tranny, transfer case and overdrive unit.
> Notice the 3 shift levers it has.  Main tranny left
> and forward.  Twin sticks for the transfer case on the
> right and forward. And, the lever for the OD works the
> plunger on the rear of the case and goes forward.
>
> Steve
> --- "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided> wrote:
> > I'm curious about the overdrive unit listed on Ebay,
> > here:
> >

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479332366
> >
> > The seller doesn't have much info on it. He only

---