Re: [ihc] Michael's Diesel starter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>
To: "Allan W." <allanw@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 18:23
Subject: Re: [ihc] Michael's Diesel starter

> Okay-I went out today, after consulting with the diesel forum as well, and
> tested a few more things.  The switch does seem to be operating fine-test
> light comes on when the key is in start position, but not when it is in
> "run" position.
>
> So, while I had that unhooked, I went ahead and directly wired to the
> termjinal for the starter switch on the selenoid and began trying to start
> it that way.  It ended up working fine today, so I will rewire and see if
it
> just needed to "settle" a bit before it is working.  However, last time I
> tried it this way, it was still sticking, so I am thinking it just needed
> "relax" a bit-was trying to hard when it first got home!
>
> However, it now appears my injection pump may not be working, and the
thing
> still won't start!!!
>
> Bummer-I bet that will cost me a few cents to fix!!!
>
> Back to the diesel forum for injector questions!!!
>
> Thanks for your help on the starter!
>
> Michael

My friend Dave (he's on the BB as dblkick and used to live in Fayetteville),
said that when he replaced his injectors, he had to crack open the line at
each injector in order to bleed the air out enough to start his engine.  did
it one by one until fuel came out of each line, tightened that line and went
to the next one.  Make sure there is fuel in the tank and the kill knob is
in the right position.

-Ryan

---