[ihc] Truck x-members

Someone care to enlighten me on how the crossmembers on a '74 pickup are
supposed to go in n' out?

Since I didn't need the bell-housing mount "X" crossmember, after fighting
it a while, I went for the sawzall before it came out.

Hah!

I figured that one might be problematic, since it wasn't supposed to go
into a 74 frame anyhow.

But the lighter bell x-member from a '74 is now giving me fits going in,
and I still need to get the two-piece "X" tailhousing crossmember in, too.

Is there a trick?  What is it?

The front of the frame, between the side engine mounts and the bellhousing
area has an upturned curl on the top inside - is that to aid getting the
crossmembers in/out?  If so, they picked a very poor place to put the
brake line "T".. grr.

-Tom
(392/T98 out, now to get the 392/T35 in..)