From: majordomo-owner@domain.elided
[mailto:majordomo-owner@domain.elided] On Behalf Of David Raistrick
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 7:29 PM
To: oldihc@domain.elided
Cc: ihc@domain.elided;
Subject: [OLDIHC:] Re: [ihc] wheels, axles...more.

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:

> Clearance sounds about right... IIRC that's what Mac said he had on
his
> IIRC.  It might not rub if you squat the suspension.  1" clear is
still
> clear!

...but only at the tread section.  The sidewall bulge doesn't look like
it
clears:

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/b130/20040513_185902

And different tires have different tread and sidewall widths, even among
the same sizes...

And from the outside:

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/b130/20040513_185844

http://www.icantclick.org/gallery/b130/20040513_191147

Not to bad, but the rear clearance, or lack there of, worries me about
new
tires.

Yep, according to tirerack, the section width (sidewall bulge to
sidewall
bulge) is 9" for the tire I'm looking at, on a 6.5" rim.  That puts it
about 1" wider then the tire pictured. They don't have a tread width
measurement, though.

Hmm.

...david

--