Re: [ihc] Methods of Work - Dana 20 Lube

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Mandera" <tsm1@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 12:42
Subject: Re: [ihc] Methods of Work - Dana 20 Lube

> Originally, I used a small "oil jug" attaching hand pump to fill my
> transfercase with lube.
>
> That got old, quite fast.
>
> It's hard to get a jug of any type into position with a nipple end on it
> to fill the case - and impossible if you have an early side-fill Dana 20
> and a V8.

Way behind.... but here's what I do...

 I've been picking up those little spouts that you can buy to attach to the
oil cartons.  They screw on and you can turn them on and off, most parts
stores seem to have them now, the spout itself is clear flexible tube.  Put
it on and put the end in the t-case.  Get the oil bottle so the output is
below the rest of it, and just squeeze.   Pushes oil out, when you've done
all you can, let it draw air back in and repeat.  You can do this from the
bottom of the scout.  I guess you're talking about the dana 20's with the
fill plug on the rear?  That's what mine is and I use this method and have
never had to take the tunnel cover off to do it.  Makes it an overall simple
job that might take 5 minutes.

-Ryan

---