Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:16:07 -0700
From: "James Lidberg" <jameslidberg@domain.elided>
Subject: Re:  [ihc] Weird engine problem - calling the experts
No expert here, but ... Sounds like a vacuum leak. Has that been
measured?

I did my intake manifold a couple years ago. There are several expansion
plugs on the underside. They can leak.

The manifold can be cracked.

If the intake is EGR, it is possible to have a vacuum leak from the EGR
valve into the manifold, or way too much EGR
also.

It is important to have the the EGR passage ways clear. I could not chip
out the carbon from the manifold, it was so
hard I had to have it hot tanked to get it out.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!