Re: [ihc] Tom's T-35 Driveline

Allan W. wrote:

Tom,
 My measurements put the IHC 5 speed/bellhousing combo within
about 1/2" of the length of a 2wd 727.  So, if you can find
a 74/75 Auto driveline (2WD or 4wd depending on if you are
converting to 4x4 at the same time or not) it should be
close enough for gov'mint work.

That's "find a 74/75 auto driveline for a 166" WB T'ette".. ;)
If I were doing the 4x4 swap, this would be easy - I'd just drive the truck in FWD to the driveline shop, since the front shaft I have from the donor truck should fit (though the donor was a '44, and I'm going ot have a '60 front).. but not enough time at this point in the summer, and the pieces n' parts are not ready to go in yet.

I have two 2wd 727s sitting next to a 2wd T19, and the 727s did measure out a little longer than the 4spds, and it was close to the 5spd.

I intend to just re-measure from the flange's 1310 U-joint center to the carrier bearing center and have it shortened.

My T98 has a yoke on the rear, and my T-35 has a flange similar to what you have, except mine originally had the drum parking brake, so my flange center is like yours, but with a larger circle that's part of the flange, where the drum bolted up.

Pictures can be found here -

http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery/album01

The last photo shows part of a light line T-3x shifter too.

Eventually, I'll have to modify my T19 4x4 pickup shifter to mount to the T-35, and your pictures have been filed away. :D

If there is a part number on your PTO unit, please post
it. One of these days I will run across one someplace.

There IS a part number on it. I didn't finish wiping the grime off enough to rear the part number, just the Muncie tag, but there's a part number right next to it. I'll make a note to get it the next time I'm working with it.

I didn't think the PTO would turn fast enough to get decent juice from the generator. At least, not without

I figure you could always have the PTO turn a pulley, with a V-belt to a pulley on the generator, and thereby gear it up.