[ihc] Tom's T-35 Driveline

Tom,
  My measurements put the IHC 5 speed/bellhousing combo within
about 1/2" of the length of a 2wd 727.  So, if you can find
a 74/75 Auto driveline (2WD or 4wd depending on if you are
converting to 4x4 at the same time or not) it should be
close enough for gov'mint work.  I re-used the flange
driveline connection as mine took the same u-joint and
I had both sides of the flange.  Just took my driveline,
and put the flange end on it, then it bolted to the
other side of the flange that remained on the tranny.
See if your flange looks like mine in the photos:
http://mail.telebyte.com/allanw/binder/5speed/t34photo.html
The last photo shows part of a light line T-3x shifter too.
I can shoot a pic of the driveline end if you like.

If there is a part number on your PTO unit, please post
it.  One of these days I will run across one someplace.
I already have 2 or 3 PTOs I picked up at swap meets, but
none fit the T-34 or the NP205.  I toyed with the
PTO driven generator idea a while back, but as I recall
I didn't think the PTO would turn fast enough to get
decent juice from the generator.  At least, not without
turning the engine at a fairly high RPM, which is going
make that some very expensive power with gas at $2/gal.
Having just experienced 26 hours of no electricity due to
a sudden windstorm has me thinking about it again though.

Allan W.
72 1210 Pickup