From: spamaddy@domain.elided [mailto:spamaddy@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 9:58 AM
To: 'Jim Grammer'; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: RE: [ihc] Spamaddy's spewing slushbox

Well, I can access the "knob" from above the transmission (it is still in
the truck) through the panel that holds the shifter levers, but I'm not sure
how it comes off.  Does it screw out?  Can it be pulled out?  I'm trying to
do anything to avoid reopening the transmission pan.  It was leaking, so I
just plastered it back on with a new gasket and silicon.   Now I've found
the source of an additional leak (the shift assembly), but how can it be
removed?  I've already pulled off the shift cable and kickdown bar thing
that attaches to the throttle.