[ihc] RE: Tom's tortured tranny testimony

>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:54:09 -0600
>From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: [ihc] Trading a T98 for a T-35

>I've heard some info on putting the 5spd in my truck.  It looks like I
>need to build something resembling an "L" plate, drilled to mount to the
>2 5/8" bolts on either side (4 total) of the output shaft (which will
>require removing the brake hardware).

So, looking at the linked pic, there's another bracket nesting in front of
the drop 'cradle'? Spanning the space between the 'generic' Dyco-IH 311
mounting cusions and the rear bearing retainer of the tranny?

Never seen this setup, and definitely don't have one laying around. I didn't
think that the '75-ish 5 speed that came out of the parted Cargostar had any
provision for studs on the bottom, that one's gone so I can't verify.

Jim